Child health care is of utmost importance. It is essential that problems faced by infants, children, and adolescents come to light, and are detected in their early stages. At OMNI, we strive to recreate a family-centric environment, as a means to ease their suffering. With the support of the best paediatricians in Vizag, we make sure that your child is in the safest hands and ensure professional-level healthcare from our well-qualified experts. Consult the best child and infant specialist in Vizag.
Paediatric surgery is a subspecialty of surgery involving the surgery of fetuses, infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.
Many paediatric surgeons practice at children’s hospitals. Subspecialties of paediatric surgery itself include neonatal surgery and fetal surgery.
Other areas of surgery also have paediatric specialities of their own that require further training during the residencies and in a fellowship:
- Paediatric cardiothoracic (surgery on the child’s heart and/or lungs, including heart and/or lung transplantation).
- Paediatric nephrological surgery (surgery on the child’s kidneys and ureters, including renal and kidney transplantation).
- Paediatric neurosurgery (surgery on the child’s brain, central nervous system, spinal cord and peripheral nerves).
- Paediatric urological surgery (surgery on the child’s urinary bladder and other structures below the kidney necessary for ejaculation).
- Paediatric emergency surgery, surgery involving fetuses or embryos (overlapping with obstetric/ gynaecological surgery, neonatology, and maternal-fetal medicine).
- Surgery involving adolescents or young adults, paediatric hepatological (liver) and gastrointestinal (stomach and intestines) surgery (including liver and intestinal transplantation in children).
- Paediatric orthopaedic surgery (muscle and bone surgery in children).
- Paediatric plastic and reconstructive surgery (such as for burns, or for congenital defects like cleft palate not involving the major organs.