10 Ways to Get Rid of Your Back AchePosted on: February 17, 2015
By Dr. Raghava Dutt Mulukutla, Consultant Orthopedic and Spine Surgeon.He holds an experience of over 32 years, his expertise includes spinal deformity surgeries,scoliosis and back pain management.
Get the top 10 ways to get rid of your back ache.
- Cut off that flab.
- Less weight on your spine means less pain
2.Get out of that chair
- Change the way you work: not your job
- Get up every 20 minutes. Either just stand up or take a few steps
- Regular exercise tones up your back muscles.
- Healthy muscles take the stress and strain and protect your spine
- Stop smoking. It damages your spine.
- Avoid all tobacco products
5.Consult a Physio
- Core strengthening exercise programmes are very helpful
- Get advise on how to sit/lift weights/posture etc.
- Learn stretches
- Use large desk top monitors : they should be at eye level
- Do not use laptops and tablets at work places. Restrict their use
8. Have a healthy body & mind
- Keep Diabetes, cholesterol(lipid profile )BP Thyroid and other medical conditions in good control
- Avoid excessive worry about back pain
9. Physical activity
- Brisk walking/ swimming / yoga /sports: are essential for a healthy back
- Indulge in physical activity that you like and enjoy
10. If nothing works
- See a spine surgeon